Get Your Head Straight & Attract A Healthy Relationship!
Does This Pattern Describe Your Relationship History?
We meet. We have great chemistry. Everything is perfect.
We become a couple, things are still good. We’re very compatible.
We get “serious” and consider a long-term commitment.
We start to argue and fight about things.
Conflict increases even more. We wonder what we ever saw in each other?
A little time goes by, and the pattern repeats with someone new (or maybe even, the same person!
Any of this sound familiar?
“I’m tired of picking the same kind of person over and over, starts out great, ends horribly! It’s just the same sh*t, different day!
“I’ve always felt alone, even in a relationship.”
“I’m the ‘knight in shining armor’ in the relationship, but who will rescue me?”
“I’m attracted to them, but they’re not attracted to me!
“I’m divorced and my kids are grown. I feel alone. I’m successful at my career, but it doesn’t keep me warm at night.”
“I’m the ‘martyr’, always giving and giving and getting nothing back.”
“I want them more than they want me!”
If you are serious about changing and having better relationships, please keep reading.
Is This What You Want?
You want to feel good about yourself. Being in an unhappy relationship and feeling bad about yourself sucks. Even worse, it’s embarrassing to talk to your friends about yet another failed relationship. They’ve heard it over and over and …
You want to enjoy the process of meeting potential partners. I’ve heard from most people that dating isn’t fun, that it’s like another full-time job. It can be different.
You want to be able to assess whether someone is ‘right’ for you. You don’t want to take months and months or years before knowing it’s going “nowhere fast”. You want to know that this relationship has a shot at being long-term.
You want to feel important. You want to feel like your partner hears you, understands you and wants to meet your needs.
You want a relationship that adds to your life, not subtracts from it. You want to be with someone who brings out the best in you and you in them. You complement each other. You learn and grow from each other.
You want to attract a partner with compatibility AND great chemistry. You are tired of having a ‘best friend’ but bad sex. Or having incredible chemistry but nothing in common.
You would like to have an authentic, intimate, passionate and loving relationship where you meet each other’s needs with deep caring and nurturing.
This is what my single clients have told me that they want as a result of working with me.
And all of this is possible with the proper information, tools, coaching and support. It requires the commitment and willingness to take consistent action in order to be happy with yourself and to have the relationship of your dreams!
I’m Dr. Adam Sheck, known as the Passion Doctor. As a Clinical Psychologist, Couples Counselor and Sex Therapist, I’ve worked for over 25 years supporting singles, couples and non-traditional relationships to have the best relationship possible.
With over 20,000 client hours under my belt, there’s little that I haven’t seen and there’s a good chance that I can help you as well.
If you were able to achieve and sustain the relationship you desire on your own, you already would have.
We can all benefit from expert support and coaching. Working with me may be exactly what you require.
What you can expect from working with me
If you choose to work with me, you will begin to see yourself and relationships in a whole new way. It might blow your mind to discover a different paradigm of relationship. As we work together, you will begin to understand:
1. The Psychology of Attraction: how biochemistry and our unconscious motivations influence how we choose our partners and what we are truly seeking in relationship.
2. The stages of relationship: the three stages a relationship progresses through, where you might have been stuck in the past and where you might possibly be stuck in the future.
3. Your relationship blueprint: the inner template that guides your relationship and how it interacts with your partner’s blueprint. Learn how your patterns play themselve out, over and over (and over)!
4. The “fight or flight” reaction: how you and each partner triggered each other’s physiological responses in a heartbeat, before you’re even aware of it.
5. The role of conflict in relationship: we have been conditioned to believe that conflict always negative. News Flash: you may learn to use conflict consciously to navigate into deeper connection and intimacy.
Of course, understanding is not usually enough to create change. If you are committed and willing to do the work, you will take these learnings and insights and use them to:
1. Wake up! Stop running on “cruise control” and attract partners that want what you want in a relationship.
2. Create deeper levels of safety, vulnerability and emotional intimacy.
3. Communicate so that you will feel heard and understood — and so will your partner!
4. Transform anger, frustration and passive aggressive behavior into a connection where each of your needs can be met.
5. Reignite your romantic spark and create more passion: emotionally, physically and sexually.
This is what working with me will be like:
You’ll learn skills, tools and exercises to help your relationship. My ultimate task is to put myself out of a job. I want you to be able to be responsible for your relationship and have the skills to make it the best it can possibly be.
I’ll expect you to practice between sessions. The majority of the work takes place between our sessions. The results you receive will be in direct proportion to the work you put into this process. I’m committed to doing everything in my power to help you in your relationship. I expect the same from you.
I’ll shoot straight with you. I’m not afraid to speak my mind. I’m not afraid to take charge of our sessions. I won’t collude with you in the sustaining the unhealthy parts of your relationship. I’ll hold you accountable for creating the relationship vision that you desire so strongly to create.
I’ll help “translate” between you and your partner. This is something I’ve had a great deal of practice at, and I’m really good at it. I can speak your language, whether intellectual or emotional, whether masculine or feminine, whether verbal or non-verbal. It’s one of my greatest gifts as a couples’ therapist.
My job is to keep you emotionally safe and secure while you do the work. I take that very seriously. Couples are generally not very comfortable with the process of beginning couples work. They are airing all of their issues in front of a total stranger. There can be a lot of finger pointing and blaming, criticizing and condemning. I don’t allow that. We’ll create a space where you can be honest AND kind and loving. Developing intimacy requires the freedom to be open and vulnerable, which requires safety.
We’ll laugh and have fun. This is serious work, and needs to be balanced with a sense of humor. I’m professional, yet relaxed and easy-going. I’m flexible, creative and out-of-the-box. I’ll do my best to set you at ease and have you be as comfortable as you can be through this challenging, yet rewarding process.
What is the structure for working together?
This is what our coaching relationship will look like:
I work with you initially for about three to six months. We will determine this initial time frame during our complimentary consultation. After that time period, we can reassess on the value of an additional series of sessions. Alternatively, we may decide to complete our work and schedule “tune up” sessions periodically or as needed.
We will meet by Videoconference, Telephone or in person if you are in the Los Angeles area. Typically we will have two sessions/month, although we may choose to ‘front load’ with more frequent sessions initially as agreed upon. Session length is generally 50-60 minutes.
You will learn valuable self-knowledge and relationship tools and be expected to practice them between sessions. The results you desire are contingent upon your commitment to using the tools and working through your issues together. Action is required!
Our work will be custom designed for your situation. This is not a “cookie-cutter” program, although there will be some core relationship concepts that will be taught and experienced.
You will have access to me by email and telephone between sessions for quick clarification or feedback as needed.
How will you know if working with me is a good fit?
Working with me might be right for you if:
1. You are committed to understanding and improving yourself and your relationships. your Of course, you may work with me if you are not certain that you want to remain in your relationship, simply not in this particular coaching program.
2. You are open-minded and curious about yourself, your past relationship patterns and how to make genuine change in your life. You have an intention to learn and to grow. You are open to perspectives that may challenge your own.
3. You are open to being coached. You can acknowledge that at this stage in your life, if you could improve it on your own, you already would have done so. You don’t have to always agree with me, yet can you give me and my 25+ years of experience the benefit of the doubt? Your way hasn’t worked out so well. Can you be open to experimenting with my way for three to six months?
4. You are willing to accept direction and take action that may feel uncomfortable. You are willing to accept short-term discomfort for long-term results. Be assured, I won’t ask you to do anything that violates your personal values and ethics.
5. You are ready to be fully honest with yourself and with me. Without that honesty, I guarantee that working with me will not improve your life and your future relationships.
6. You are willing to take 100%, full responsibility for yourself in reviewing your past and current interactions in relationship. You are willing to look at your contribution to your relationship issues. You are ready to stop finger-pointing and playing the “blame game” and own your part.
7. You are committed to being consistent, reliable, dependable and accountable to yourself and to me during our work together. You will attend all sessions and will do all assignments to the best of your ability.
8. You have the courage and willingness to face your fears, your discomfort and the “not knowing” that arises during our work. This is the biggest and most challenging requisite in working on yourself and your relationship issues.
The bottom line though, is that you can’t truly know if working with me is right for you until we talk. We must connect first to assess whether it is a good fit for all three of us.
What Is The Next Step?
If reading this has caught your interest and you believe that working with me may achieve your desired results, let’s find out!
When you click below you will find a brief relationship questionnaire that you may download and fill out. After I receive and review it, we will set up a complimentary consultation of approximately 15-20 minutes via telephone or video-conference.
During that time, we’ll get a feel for each other and I’ll learn more about the specific issues that impact your relationships. I’ll explain in more depth how we’ll work together and you will be able to ask me whatever questions you may have.
If we decide it’s a good fit, we’ll move forward from there. We will determine what initial time commitment is best for you, as well as the corresponding fee. We will set a time for our first session, and if appropriate, I will give you an assignment to prepare for that first session.
If either of us feel that this is not right for you at this time, no hard feelings, I’ll share my recommendations for you and wish you the best. No pressure to move forward with me.
Before you fill out the questionnaire, I recommend that you read this page one more time, with an open heart and an open mind. Feel your commitment to yourself and the work, and your willingness and dedication to having the best relationship possible with yourself and with a partner. That is the state of being for our work together.
Please download the questionnaire at the link below and fill it out. Then return it to me as an email attachment. I will contact you as soon as possible to schedule our Complimentary Consultation.
I look forward to working with you!
Dr. Adam Sheck