Recent posts on the Internet seem to indicate that couples counseling is on the rise with the falling economy. Making your relationship a top priority and working to improve it makes sense to me for a number of reasons.
1. It’s practical! Improving your relationship is generally cheaper than divorce.
2. Your relationship is a source of emotional support, which is even more vital when times are tough.
3. Your romantic partnership provides a place of safety and security in troubled times.
4. It is a place to bounce ideas to improve your life and face challenges.
5. Your relationship is a place of consistency when the rest of the world feels unstable.
6. It is a place where you can drop the emotional “armor” you carry through the day and just be yourself.
7. You have a partner who will be there for you, and you for them, through the struggles.
8. You have someone you can smile with and laugh with and take a respite from the “real world” with.
There are many ways to recession-proof your relationship and I encourage you to seek them out. They don’t necessarily have to place a strain on your resources. In addition to couples counseling, many therapists (myself included) conduct tele-seminars for couples that provide great information at a low cost. And you don’t even need to leave your home!
And there is no shortage of reading material as well. Check out the couples area of the “self-help” section in any bookstore and purchase a book that calls to you, including my eBook, “101 Ways To Bring Back The Passion!”
And finally, for an immediate and free way to improve your relationship, consider my Special Report: “20 Rituals For Romance!” at the link below:
Click Here For Free Report
If I can help you in any other way, please feel free to contact me.
Thanks so much,
Dr. Adam Sheck